Parking Attendant -
Summary / Objective
Parking Attendants are responsible for providing efficient, courteous, and friendly service to patrons utilizing the valet service. Parking Attendants are responsible for a variety of activities such as: delivering top-quality customer service, generating sales, operating cash registers, providing janitorial services, maintaining facilities and supporting loss prevention activities in adherence with all Company policies.
Every employee within our organization has a set of numbers that we use to measure their performance and identify the core functions of their position.
The employee numbers for the Parking Attendant position are:
- Customer Service Survey Scores
- Job Knowledge Testing Scores
- Ticket Processing Accuracy
- Cash Collection Accuracy
- Daily Reporting Accuracy and Completeness
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Delivers exceptional customer service and meets customer’s needs at all times.
- Understands and responds appropriately to customer problems or complaints while maintaining a refined and polite demeanor.
- Provides customers with information regarding location specifics within the city.
- Guides customers to the appropriate parking spaces.
- Processes payment information through computer systems, POS register systems, and completes all required paperwork according to policy.
- Maintains security of cash and compiles reports of collected revenue.
- Correctly quotes prices for parking services for which money is received to potential customers.
- Provides innovative ideas for addressing high traffic situations.
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties such as sweeping, emptying garbage, cleaning fixtures, disinfecting and deodorizing toilet bowls and sinks, cleaning walls, floors, handrails, stairwells, doors and elevators, picking up trash throughout the garages and surrounding areas of adjoining buildings, trimming bushes and trees.
- Ensures all tools and equipment are properly used and maintained, and follows appropriate OSHA, safety, and fire regulations and guidelines.
- Completes any other responsibilities delegated by the Parking Supervisors, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies, procedures, and practices; and supports Company loss prevention efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication (both written and oral), customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful environment and possess the flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet operational needs. This may require occasionally working outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing in all units of measure. Ability to make correct change for customers.
- Ability to move, handle, and lift equipment generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions requiring prolonged standing, sitting, and other physical activities necessary to perform the job duties.
- Ability to work at multiple job locations.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates both in an outside and in office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, lift up to 50 pounds, reach, stretch and other physical activities necessary to perform the job duties.
Full Time and Part Time Position – Hours vary by position openings
Required Education and Experience
- High school/trade school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License with no more than three (3) points.
- Previous cashier/customer service experience preferred.
- General knowledge of custodial practices preferred.
- Previous maintenance experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.