Valet Attendants- Full time or Part time positions available.
Exciting opportunity for an individual looking to join an innovative, technology driven parking management company in Downtown Jacksonville. Our Valet Parking Attendants are responsible for delivering exceptional customer service, greeting and assisting customers, parking and retrieving vehicles, organizing vehicles, and managing keys. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, be courteous, reliable, efficient, and professional.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication (both written and oral), customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful environment and possess the flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to perform duties that require entering and exiting driver’s seat of vehicles, as well as sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to move, handle, and lift equipment generally weighing 0-50 pounds, and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to successfully pass drug screen and background check.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
License and Other Requirements:
- A valid Class D driver’s license to operate motor vehicles. This license must have been held for at least one (1) year prior to applying and must be kept in good standing for the duration of employment.
- A driving record that indicates no accidents or moving violations in the past two (2) calendar years and no DUI’s.
- All candidates must undergo a criminal records check, pass a 10-panel pre-employment drug screen, and pass a driving and fitness test.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and meet customer needs at all times.
- Understand and respond appropriately to customer problems or complaints while maintaining a refined and polite demeanor.
- Courteously assist customers by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the customers to your Supervisor or the General Manager for further assistance.
- Assess any pre-existing damage to customers’ vehicles and clearly note any damage on claim tickets along with the location of the vehicle when parked.
- Greet customers who arrive by private vehicle and assist customers descending from vehicles. Issue appropriate valet parking tickets to customers.
- Drive car to parking spot, adhering to all traffic regulations and speed limits, using caution not to damage the vehicle being driven and other vehicles in the vicinity. Yield to pedestrians.
- Provide customers with directions, recommendations, and information about the city and its attractions.
- Retrieve vehicles for guests in a swift and safe manner.
- Communicate by telephone, two-way radio, and in person in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Arrive to work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform, maintaining a neat, professional appearance at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures, and practices; and support Company loss prevention efforts.
- Outdoors for the duration of the shift.
- Inclement weather will have a significant impact on the employees work environment.
- Shifts will not be cancelled due to inclement weather. All employees are required to attend their scheduled shifts and maintain a high quality of work despite weather conditions.
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; run; and use hands to handle tickets, cash, and equipment. The employee is required to enter and exit customer vehicles approximately seventy-five (75) or more times daily, as well as running up to two hundred (200) yards, fifty (50) times a day or more.
- High school or equivalent
- Valid Class D Driver's License: 1 year