Accounts Payable Administrator
As an Accounts Payable Administrator, you will be a key member of the Elite Financial Services Team. The position will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and statements.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Duties:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Work closely with General Managers regarding PO processing and send weekly reporting to ensure timeliness of approvals are completed.
- Maintains copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for electronic files.
- Monitor and respond to all inquiries in the Accounts Payable email box and ensure that all emails received are reviewed and processed.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Account Payable Clerk Skills and Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree (Business, Finance or Accounting) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- 1-3 years accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to track budget expenses
- General math and accounting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and QuickBooks
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member